Hey everyone! Welcome to my 2nd blog post!! 😃😊🎉🎊🎈 Recently, I was just surfing the internet, minding my buisness, watching youtube videos, when I came across this buzzfeed video that was talking about all these different desserts you could make in a microwave and bake in a mug! As soon as I finished watching the video I was in awe. Honestly, I had never heard of this being done before and a chocolate chip cookie + a mug + a microwave seemed so easy and delicious that I just had to try it. And it was absolutely DIVINE. It took like 5 minutes to make total including 40 seconds in the microwave. I know right?!?!
All you need is:
- A mug
- A microwave
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of granukated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of tightly packed brown sugar
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- A small pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk (you don’t need the whites)
- Scant 1/4 of a cup of All purpose flour (scant :a little bit less than 1/4)
- 2 tablespoons of semi- sweet choclate chips
- Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Butter should just be melted, not boiling.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, then stir again. Measure a scant, slightly less than full, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Now your mixture will look like cookie dough.
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. Mine takes 50 seconds. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools. If the cookie is dry or cake like, try less time.
- Serve warm.
I got this recipe from Number 2. Pencil : http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/03/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-cup/
Check out her website for more easy, simple, desserts in a mug. There are brownie’s and chocolate cake… And it is super great for when you feel like something sweet but only want one portion for yourself. Hope you enjoyed this little bit of life.