Hey Everyone! I hope that everyone had great week and relaxing long family day weekend (if you live in Canada and had a day off on Family day. And if you didn’t I hope it was great otherwise!!) Just the other day, I tried out a recipe that was SUPER yummy that I really wanted to share with you guys!!! It’s a really awesome twist on french toast: French Toast Roll Ups.
French Toast Roll Ups, even though it might sound a little complicated, were actually really easy and simple to make. They are very customizable, you can easily do different combinations of fruit and spreads to suit your likes and whatever you have in your fridge at the moment. This recipe is perfect as a delicious treat for you, or you and friend, and can easily be adjusted to feed the whole family if you really wanted!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Any kind of bread you like for french toast (I used plain white bread)
– an egg
– 1-2 tsps of cinnamon
– 3-5 tablespoons of milk ( 3 – if it’s just for you, 5 – two people)
– a drop of vanilla extract (optional)
– any kind of fruit ( I used apple)
– any kind of breakfeast spread (I used nutella)
1. First, you make a traditional egg mixture for french toast. This is just a basic recipe feel free to add or take away ingredients depending on what you like or even use your own recipe. For this one however, you will crack one egg into a small bowl/dish, and add your milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Whisk ingredients together.
2. Grab your choice of bread, spread, and fruit.
3. Using a knife, cut off the crust or your bread, then roll it out with a rolling pin till thin and flat. Spread your choice of spread on top of your bread, this could be peanut butter, cream cheese, or jam, but I used nutella. Spread it on as thick or light as you want.
4. Cut up your fruit into small pieces. You could use strawberries, blueberries, bananas, whatever fruit you want to go with your spread. Layer a few pieces of your fruit along one edge of your bread, and then roll it up.
5. Take your completed roll and dunk it in your egg mixture you made in step 1, until completely coated in the mixture.
6. Repeat Steps 3-5 for as many french toast roll-ups as you want!
7. Grab a pan and place it on your stove. Turn your stove to medium-high heat. Place a bit of butter in the pan.
8. Once butter is melted, and pan is hot, place a few of your french toast roll-ups in the pan at a time to fry them. Fry them on both sides. Once they are golden brown, take them out of the pan and move them onto a plate.
These roll-ups are the awesomest little Breakfast treat, and are so delicious you just HAVE to try them. If you try them, make sure to let me know how it went and whether you liked them or not in the comments below! And if you take any pictures, I would love it if you shared them with me on this blog’s Facebook page.
Thanks for reading. I hope you guys enjoy these recipe posts and let me know if you want to see more, or have anything else you wanna see from me on this blog in the comments below!! Thanks again!!!
Hope you enjoyed this little bit of life.